The guide is to help people with a learning disability, other financially excluded and disabled people, their families, supporters and advocates to speak to banks and get the support and access they need.
The guide includes:
- · Opening, changing and closing an account
- · What should banks be doing?
- · How can I get support with banking?
- · How can I deal with problems?
- · What do banking laws say?
- · What do equality laws say? In particular, the Equality Act and Mental Capacity Act
- · Links to further resources and helpful contacts
Along with the full guide, there is a short help sheet for people to take with them on trips to the bank as a quick reminder. This is also available for free from www.dosh.org/banking-report.
Please visit the Dosh website to read more about Dosh and our banking report, as well as download the free report and guide http://www.dosh.org/