Training Resources for Stress
As part of your training preparations you may want to look at our Ten Top Tips which might help you structure some of your key messages and focus.
- Ask each delegate to pick up their glass and hold it at their arm’s length.
- After about 2 or 3 minutes people start to experience the stress on all categories.
- Ask them to observe their own stress and think which category is the strongest.
- Some people like to boast about the fact that they are under stress. A bit of stress is good (which is known as eustress) and it focuses the mind. However, beyond a certain point, stress works against an individual’s productivity. The categories of being alarmed, resistance and exhaustion all apply to workplace stress as well.
- Ask the delegates to provide an example from their workplace when they were stressed and compare that with their own experience when holding the water. What are the similarities? Was their workplace stress caused by exhaustion, body resistance or was it simply an alarmed state?
- Run this exercise informally and encourage discussions.